Are you thinking of spending this holiday on the Catalan coast? Have you been dreaming of the most waited vacations all year long and do you need us to help you plan your stay in Gaudí’s city?
Here we leave you some summer tips to fully enjoy Barcelona and the Costa Brava!
- La Bionda Begur: Designed by Quintana Partners with unique and exquisite taste, it is undoubtedly one of the most charming places to stay. Newly opened next year, its in a perfect location in the Costa Brava, in Begur’s village.
- Les Hamaques: A classic “adults only” hotel with exquisite decoration. An oasis of peace in which we guarantee an idyllic relaxing stay.
- Hostal Spa Empuries: Hotel in a privileged place facing the sea with wonderful views and a spa. Take the opportunity to visit the Greco-Roman ruins of Empúries, it’s beautiful!
- Casa Bonay in Barcelona: Boutique Hotel in the center of Barcelona, located in a neoclassical building from the 19th century, with a dynamic and unique gastronomic experience and comfortable rooms decorated in the Barcelona style.
- El Quim de la Boquería: a little place in The Boqueria market that we can consider one of the best restaurants in Barcelona. Grab one of the stools and enjoy sublime, yet simple dishes, such as fried eggs with mushrooms, a bull’s tail, a “capipota” or a fried fish.
- Mas Sorrer, is a great option to eat in the Costa Brava with ambience and good music. Also to have a drink in the afternoon, have dinner or take a coctel drink in the middle of the sunflowers.
- Have a cocktail in Cap Sa Sal before dinner while you watch the sunset.
- The Hostal Sa Tuna, belonging to the Jubany family, is a great option to have a nice “paella” and spend the day in this beautiful Sa Tuna cove on the Costa Brava.
- Toc al Mar, in Aiguablava is a preferred option. Enjoy a good fish or lobster on the beach with typical views of the Catalan coast.
THE BEST BEACHES IN COSTA BRAVA
- Aiguablava in Begur
- Cala Portaló in Cadaqués
- Illa Roja Beach Begur
- Aigua Xelida in Tamariu
- Cala Sa Tuna
- In the Costa Brava you can find many traditional and authentic shops: In Corçà there are many wonderful decoration shops, such as: Culdesac, Last stop and Antic Center, in the village of Vulpellac. In La Bisbal you can find many traditional shops “Cistelleries” and ceramics. In Cadaqués l’Espardenyeria de Cadaqués where Joan sells authentic Catalan Espardenyas.
- In Barcelona you will find a new temple of fashion with beautiful decoration and the best brands: Darial Barcelona. Take a coffee in its pleasant cafeteria!
- Also visit Santa Eulalia, in Paseo de Gràcia, the traditional beautiful boutique in the heart of Paseo de Gràcia with the best luxury brands.
- If you are looking for something more special, stop by the Vagary Kalon studio where you will find unique dresses for women. Gala is pure magic and has real gems.
- Of course you cannot miss our flagship store in Diputación 266 if you are in Barcelona.
- In Barcelona you cannot miss all the monuments of Gaudí. Take the opportunity to visit the Casta Batlló and enjoy its recently released exhibition with a unique 10D visual experience.
- On the Costa Brava, sign up for yoga classes at the Aeroclub Empordà with Nina Manich, in the middle of the rice fields watching the planes take off.
- Visit Palau de Casavells, a house-museum where you will find the best art and furniture, which is also for sale.
- If you like concerts, summer is one of the best times to enjoy the best concerts by Spanish artists at the Cap Roig Festival.
We hope you will enjoy your stay on the catalan coast and do not hesitate to share your moments with us! Tag us on instagram @carnerbarcelona.